How to Vet and Choose a Marketing Agency
You’ve been going back and forth in your mind for a while. You weren’t sure if you were going to hire an in-house marketing manager or hire an outside company to handle your marketing. After looking at the needs of your company, you have come to the decision that hiring an outside company is the best course of action for you. Perhaps you like the fact that they will have access to all the expertise you’ll need, where an in-house manager can’t be an expert in everything. Or perhaps you decided you simply want an outside company to handle all the headaches of marketing for you. However, you came to the conclusion, you’ve decided that hiring a marketing company is the best idea for your business.
Watch this week’s Duct Tape and Popsicle Sticks How to Vet and Choose a Marketing Agency to find out what we had to say.
Great…How do you decided who to choose? The options are endless. You can choose a company that specializes in one or two things…ie social media, web design, video production, etc. Or you can hire a comprehensive company that can manage all of it.
First decide what your marketing goals are.
- How much do you want to grow?
- Are you likely to have more success with one marketing tactic vs another?
- Where is your target most likely to look for your product or service?
- What is the demographic of your audience?
Second, where does most of your business currently come from?
- Is your business mostly grown through referral?
- Is social media a source of growth?
- Have you had success with email campaigns?
- Has any form of advertising worked for you in the past?
- It’s important to understand where you are getting your business. Yet this is often overlooked by even seasoned business owners.
Ask your colleagues for referrals.
- Ask your fellow business owners who they have had success with (or not).
- Also, online testimonials are a great way to help you decide who might be a good fit for your business.
Once you’ve decided on a potential agency to hire, here are a few questions you need to ask them:
- What is your experience with a business like mine?
- What are all of your capabilities?
- What do you specialize in?
- What types of clients have you had the most success with?
- How will you decide on the best?
- How does pricing work?
- What results can I expect?
- How much involvement do you need from us?
There are likely many more good questions to ask a marketing company you’re considering hiring. But this is a good place to start. This is a very important decision for your business that we want you to take seriously.
Additional Marketing Services
Contact Mike and Maria Keiser 866-627-6753
E Circle Marketing is a Marketing Agency located in Manchester, CT.
Recent Article The “Real” Cost of Hiring a Marketing Agency
Watch this on YouTube