Marketing Is a Process
Watch this week’s Duct Tape and Popsicle Sticks video: “Marketing Is a Process“
Just like any other aspect of your business, marketing is a process. Business owners often see marketing as some elusive thing that is hard to measure or quantify. But that’s not the case. I’m sure you’ve found that when you violate any part of your business process, things go worse than they needed to. Maybe you made a particular concession, or you took some short cuts with client on boarding. Whatever the case may be, when you violate your process, you run a far bigger risk of having a negative experience. The same is true with marketing. We want you to see it as a process that is the same as any other aspect of your business. In fact, this is a big reason that our clients hire us, to put process, procedure, and monitoring into their marketing. We encourage you to not try haphazard marketing ideas but to turn it into a process.
What does a marketing process look like?
- Get very clear on your mission and who the exact target audience is. This is extremely important, even if you’ve been in business for a long time.
- Create the right messaging for that audience. Not the message you wished they wanted. Create the messaging that resonates with their needs, wants, desires, and fears. Attract the right people to your brand. Answer their questions and objections through your messaging. Get the to know that you understand them.
- Determine your marketing goals and what you want to measure against. If you’re just doing “marketing stuff” without rhyme or reason, you won’t be satisfied with the results.
- Decide on the right tactics to reach your target audience with the message. It can be through your website, social media, paid search, email campaigns, radio or TV ads, etc. You should only decide on tactics after you’ve gone through the process above.
- Create the content and marketing pieces that will go along with your decided upon marketing tactics.
- Measure and monitor results.
If you follow this process, you stand a far greater chance of having success with your marketing efforts. If you have any questions or need any help with this aspect of your business, please feel free to reach out. We’d be happy to help.
Recent article: How to choose and hire a marketing company
Watch on YouTube
E Circle Marketing is a digital marketing agency in Manchester, CT that offers a variety of digital marketing services to small businesses