The Best Form of Marketing is to Become Invaluable to Others
Watch our video from our Duct Tape and Popsicle Sticks video series on the best form of marketing “Become Invaluable to your customers”.
We business owners always have a lot going on. There are a million things that you need to pay attention to and lots of fires to put out. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the day to day operations, client issues, vendor challenges, employee challenges, etc. We try to “squeeze in” some marketing when it’s convenient; perhaps an occasional Facebook or LinkedIn post or a blog post when it’s convenient. We often want our marketing to work like magic and bring us a steady flow of new customers.
We hesitate with our marketing, because we are always looking for the best form of marketing.
But sadly, the most effective and best form of marketing is one that business owners often forget about, which is to be the partner that your clients can’t live without. As a marketing agency, we can tell you that there is no better way to communicate with your target audience than to be fantastic at what you do. Your existing clients will talk about you to their network. Your reputation will grow. You’ll be taken more seriously by the marketplace.
Today, clients are looking for a partner who can help them solve problems. It’s not about slick or manipulative messaging.
Here are a few ways you can be an invaluable partner and grow your business:
- Thoroughly get to know your clients and prospects and gain a complete understanding of their needs. Don’t try to “convince” people. Simply understand them in a way that other vendors don’t.
- Be committed to their success. To become an invaluable partner, you need to be totally ready to get results for them. The only thing that people really want from you is for you to simply do what you say you’re going to do. Unfortunately, this isn’t a common occurrence.
- Make sure you’re an expert at what you do. As I mentioned above, it’s quite easy to become wrapped up I the day to day life of running a business. We often forget to stay current, study our craft, benchmark against our competitors, and ensure that there is nobody better than us at taking care of our customers.
- Be honest and transparent. Don’t try to BS your target market. They will see right through it. Communicate regularly and openly. Share information and answer all their questions. We all have so much information at our fingertips. There’s no longer any room for being coy and sketchy with your communications. Share everything! If they don’t get their information from you, they’ll gladly go get it from one of your competitors.
- Do what you say you will. There’s not much more to say about this. Keep all your promises and it will set you apart from 90% of your competition.
- Be the smartest resource your clients and prospects have on your subject. It goes along with being an expert at what you do. Become such a valuable resource that your clients and prospects have no need to seek information anywhere else.
Yes, we strongly encourage a solid, consistent marketing and selling system. But any process or system you organize will not work at all unless you are invaluable to your target market.
E Circle Marketing can help you every step of the way with your Marketing.