What if I Can’t Afford a Marketing Agency?
One of the things we hear quite a bit is “I can’t afford a marketing agency”. Or, derivations like I’m not getting to it, or I don’t have the time.
This article is going to focus on the statement “I can’t afford a marketing agency”.
There is no doubt that sometimes you literally don’t have the money to hire a marketing agency. However, whether you can afford a marketing agency or not, marketing is crucial to growing your business. It must be done.
Some things you can do when you can’t afford to hire a marketing agency, or you are marketing on a shoestring budget.
We have found that these strategies will help remove some of the burden and mystery out of marketing your business.
– Find a group of people you trust to meet with on a regular basis to help one another with marketing and see if it’s on target.
– Have one or two vendors on hand that can do those little extra things that you can’t do on your own
- Find a web designer that sells a hosting package. That will host your site and offer you 1 – 2 hours of time to work on your site. This will keep your website protected, backed up, and help you do those tricky technical things that you don’t know how to do. This can range anywhere from $40 – $100 a month.
- Get some consulting from an expert. To help you strategize, create content, set up your process, and set you up for success. It’s hard to do your own marketing, a good consultant will help you see what you can’t see. Different agencies charge differently, some by the hour, some have packages. Plan to spend anywhere between $300 – $1000 for something like this.
- Find an agency that will let you pick and choose your services.
- For example: Instead of having an agency manage your social media, have them just come up with some post ideas and you do all the posting yourself. Or perhaps they can help you come up with article ideas.
Essentially, have someone to help you even if it’s just a little bit to get the right message out to the right audience.
Things to consider
It’s also important to Look at your mindset. Are you treating marketing like an expense, or are you looking at marketing as a necessary investment for the future of your business?
Think of the cost of not marketing, not being where your competition is, or not being where your potential customers are. When you don’t market because you can’t afford it, you’re going to be in continuous loop that never allows you to afford it.
So take a little bit of time and a little bit of your resources and invest it into your marketing.
Find out more
about Mike and Maria Keiser, E Circle Marketing, and other small business marketing solutions https://ecirclemarketing.com
New Episodes every week. Never miss an episode Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Our Video Series Duct tape and Popsicle Sticks
Our podcast Grow your Small Business
Stay connected with us on social media and get access to our other content designed to help Small business owners
E Circle Marketing is located in Manchester, Connecticut and helps small business owners solve their marketing needs.